The Society of California Archivists Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held April 27-29 in Pasadena, California. The Program Committee would like to invite you to submit your session proposals to make this our best AGM yet!
The theme of next year’s AGM is New Media, Same Process: Reconsidering Archives in Old Pasadena. The Program Committee welcomes proposals on any archival topic, and particularly welcomes those concerning fundamental archival theory in the context of new media, tools and practices, as well as proposals that feature:
- The intersection between digital asset management and archives
- ArchivesSpace, and how institutions have customized it for their
- Crowdsourcing and community engagement in archives.
- Archivists doing their own research.
- Intake procedures for born-digital materials.
- Capturing social media.
- Serving digital collections.
- Metadata use and reuse.
- Linked data.
- Archives and inclusivity.
- Archival value.
A proposal form is available here.
The deadline for submitting session proposals is Monday, October 31, 2016.
If you have any questions, or ideas to discuss, please don't hesitate to contact Program Committee Chair David Uhlich. Thanks so much for helping us to make next year’s conference a successful one!
See you in Pasadena!