Electronic Communications Committee
Designs, maintains and updates the SCA website, and SCA social media sites, to facilitate communication among SCA members and others.
The Electronic Communications Committee (ECC) is a standing committee that exists to facilitate and maintain various means of electronic communication between SCA leadership and members, as well as among SCA members. Such means of communication are focused around but not limited to SCA's web site, and could include e-mail blasts, interactive platforms such as social media sites and electronic tools for reaching out (surveying, educating, etc.) the membership. The ECC works closely with the SCA Board, all SCA committees, task forces and groups that wish to communicate to a broad swatch of SCA's membership. Composition of the committee and terms of office are defined in Handbook section 3-1 and governed by the Bylaws.
Website Blog Posting Policy
Ability to post to the blog is restricted to SCA Board Members and SCA Committee Chairs. This may be expanded at a later time to allow for SCA Members to post. Any non-members wishing to post content to the blog would need to contact ECC and provide the content to be posted on their behalf. Regarding the content, the same policies would apply to posting any content on the homepage in that it would need to be directly relevant to SCA and/or refer to a SCA publication. Committee Chairs are encouraged to promote committee activity on the SCA Homepage, especially Publications, which should share newsletter content.
- Designing, organizing and maintaing the SCA web site.
- Ensuring consistent east of maintenance and access to the SCA web site by using a reliable commercial web hosting site.
- Reviewing the SCA web site regularly to ensure it remains responsive to the needs of the membership.
- Notifying Board Members and Committee Chairs about SCA web site content under their purview that is outdated or inaccurate.
- Responding to requests and suggestions about electronic communications in a timely manner.
- Investigating, implementing and maintaining additional means of electronic communications. Such means are ancillary to the SCA web site; they can include social media sites and electronic tools for reaching out (surveying, educating, etc.) the membership.
- Collaborating with the Board and Committee Chairs to create and solicit (new, or updates to existing) content for the SCA web site and ancillary sites.
- Collaborating with the Board on means for storing, preserving and making accessible SCA's digital content.
- Maintaining levels of administrator access to the SCA web site.
- Maintainig (setting, re-setting, protecting and disseminating appropriately) all passwords for accounts including but not limited to "@calarchivists.org" email addresses, analytical tools, ancillary sites such as social media sites, survey tools and education tool.
Supriya Wronkiewicz, Museum of Performance+Design, San Francisco | email@example.com |
[Links/Additional resources go here]